Sunday, March 8, 2009

Creating An Interactive Flash Graphic For KOMU.com

During this week at KOMU, I decided to enhance a story one of the dayside reporters did on what items cannot be recycled. In her story, she talked about multiple items that surprisingly cannot be placed in the blue recycling bag on your curb. While her story was well put together, I decided it needed a better visual example. My college Margaret Enright and I developed an interactive graphic in flash.  Now, our viewers can roll over the recycling bin items and receive details about which type of items cannot be placed in  a recycling bin. The only problem my colleague and I had with the graphic is that the image itself is too small. We realized, post-production, that we should have set the stage larger for the image. This way, there wouldn't be as much white space surrounding the graphic on the webpage. Next week, she and I plan on making another interactive flash graphic for the web. We know our viewers (and web page visitors) are visual learners and we hope working with a medium like flash will enhance their knowledge of a given topic in Mid-Missouri.

No comments:

Post a Comment